Message 00013 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Empire-discussions (was Re: [rox] Invitation / Einladung 2. Oekonux-Konferenz)

Hi Alan,

the workshop was initiated by a Berlin group called "Ways out of
capitalism", which I am part of. We had a really interesting presentation
and workshop this weekend. We learned a lot about italian "autonomia"
movement of the 60/70ies, accompanied and theoretically driven by Toni
Negri (one of the Empire's authors). The theory of "operaism" (correct
translation?) is an important source of the Empire book. A second part
was given by Benni Bärmann, who asked the question, why free software
does not occur in the Empire-book, although it is a really important
example of a multitude's movement, which is aware of its constitutive
power. Sorry, I cannot express it in english very well, I only read the
(ugly) german translation of Empire-book. Does this say anthing to you?
Do you have similar discussions?

Ciao,
Stefan

Links of Benni's presentation - german only:-(
http://www.opentheory.org/fs_empire/text.phtml
http://www.opentheory.org/fs_emp_emp/text.phtml

I cc this mail the [ox-en]