Message 00027 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [rox] Licenses for conference contributions

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Stefan Merten wrote:

Dear speakers,

I hope you realized, that every contribution to the conference has to
be put under an open license like GFDL (GNU Free Documentation
License) or Open Content License.

	http://www.oekonux-konferenz.de/org/faq/speaker.html#What about copyright

or

	http://www.oekonux-konferenz.de/faq/speaker.html#Was ist mit Copyright

We want to document the conference in the web and we don't want to be
sued for copyright violation. This *has* happened in one of the
LinuxTag documentations so this is not fiction and we have to be
careful here.

Something that has also happened to me in the past is for someone to take
sections of something I wrote and publish them under their own name, for
payment, with no acknowledgement. I'm not wild about that, either,
and rather than a license designed for documentation would prefer one
designed for personal opinions - for example, the one here:
http://www.stallman.org/sinister-publisher.html
which has no unnecessary verbiage and achieves everything I would like.
ould that be acceptable?

This is mainly important for papers I guess, but as we are going to
record the talks this is in principle also valid for the spoken word.

'any medium' covers that too, I guess...

Graham

http://www.oekonux-konferenz.de/

[English translation]
Message 00027 [Homepage] [Navigation]