Message 00033 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [rox] Licenses for conference contributions

Hi Graham and everybody,

Graham Seaman wrote:
No, the link is right. Here's the license from it:

<quote>
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Stallman

Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in any medium, provided this notice is preserved.
</quote>

It's a BSD-style license, which I (and rms ;-) think is more suitable for
opinions - you can copy the article (or an audio version of it), or make
it into a pdf or whatever. You can put it on a web-site.But you can't
change it and attribute different words to the author than the ones he
used (not without asking, anyway), and you can't deny that the author
wrote it. You also have the right to take excerpts from it, since
copyright law still allows this whatever the license.

I agree with Graham that for personal opinions this kind of license is more suited than the GPL or the GFDL. Perhaps we should leave it to the speakers which of kind of license (GPL, GFDL, BSD, RMS-style opinion license) they choose as long as Projekt Oekonux e.V. and erverybody else has *at least* the rights given above.

All code and documentation submitted by speakers should be Free, because code and documentation are not personal opinions.

Lutz

http://www.oekonux-konferenz.de/

[English translation]
Message 00033 [Homepage] [Navigation]